Sunday, October 4, 2009

Recap of the month of September

We had a very busy but fun month. I was only home for one week of September, here's what we've been up to... visiting cousins, vacation in Carlsbad, visiting great-grandparents and
Ava's FIRST BIRTHDAY!

Of course we started the month off with a trip to Disneyland. This was the first time we could tell Ava really had fun and enjoyed it. Her favorite ride was It's A Small World.
Then off to Utah to visit Ava's new cousins. We had so much fun! This is Rhianna, isn't she cute!
Angie with little Addison.
Cute smile Elle, we miss you!
Got to visit the duck pond!


Then it was off to Carlsbad for a week. We were able to use Austin's parents time share and had sooo much fun. Sorry for the lack of pictures enjoying myself to much to remember to get the camera out.

Ava on the playground

Swimming with Daddy
Then Ava and I were off to Arizona to visit my grandma with my Mom. We had a great time and Ava did so good on the 9 hour drive to Pima!

Four Generations of women!!!

I can't believe that at the end of this past month my little baby who isn't so little anymore turned one! We had a little birthday party for her with mainly family and a few friends.


Having fun with friends


Uh-oh watch out for birthday kisses!
Our little Family
Ava's cake!!! I wont tell you guys how many hours this took, but well worth it. Thanks mom for helping me with it, thanks Michelle for the cake magazine and Jenna for the fondant recipe.

Ava with her own little cake, go for it girl!!!
Mommy helping
I got it now!
Cute Aves...
What a mess! Straight to the tub she went. We love you little girl!

13 comments:

April Celeste Garff said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun in September. Looks like Ava especially enjoyed her cake!

Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun September! I cant believe Ava is already 1! Isn't it sad how fast babies grow up?

thailiz said...

What fun for your family this past month - I can't believe our babies are 1 already! Your cake looks amazing, by the way!

Ashlee said...

I love fun months like that! I can't believe Ava is one already! Her cake was so cute totally worth the time it took! Im so lazy Brynlee's cakes have all been store bought.

Danielle Harris said...

I am so impressed with the cake! It is seriously cute and it looks like a ton of work. Ava looks darling but I can't get over how gorgeous you are in all the pictures! I swear I have the most beautiful cousins!

Monica said...

You guys have been busy!! You forgot to visit Apple Valley though! :) Happy Birthday Ava! What a CUTE cake! You for sure put mine to shame! haha! Hope to see you guys soon!

Brooke said...

Time goes by to fast! I love the cake!

Jenna said...

The cake turned out darling!!! Congrats. Now you're stuck, you have to do one every year. :-)

KatieB said...

busy month! i always love watching one-year-olds go at the cake. rylee got so much frosting in her eyes it started to burn and they turned bright red. very impressive cake making!

KB said...

Neato cake! BTW, that 1st family pic of the 3 of you is adorable -def worth blowing up and framing :)

Elise said...

That cake was amazing!! Such cute pictures. Sounds like you had a blast!

Jenn said...

Cute cake and I am sure she loved her birthday! How did she like the football game?

Sidra said...

What an awesome cake! Ava is so cute and growing up so fast!