Friday, October 8, 2010

Potty Training!

It's done! Ava's a big girl now! I decided that I was sick of changing 2 kids diapers so it was time for Ava to wear big girl panties. I contacted my friend Holly who had done the "3 day Potty Training Technique" to find out what it was all about. I read the packet and was totally on board and ready to go! Ava got to pick out her own panties and was super excited about that! She picked Minnie Mouse and Disney Princesses. We started on the Friday before General Conference and went through 13 pairs of panties that day. But she actually made it all the way through the night with out an accident!

(13 Pairs of panties hanging to dry!)
The second day she had already got the concept of holding it and only had 6 accidents. By Sunday the third day she had no accidents day or night!!! We are so excited, she will now go with out me asking her a million times a day, she just walks into the bathroom shuts the door and goes! (If I open the door or tell her to leave it open she freaks out! Guess this kid likes her privacy!) Yay two and potty trained! I couldn't believe it was that easy, but so grateful it was!


Side note: Just a couple cute pictures. This is Ava and Bryce enjoying Sesame Street together, love it!
And Bryce is a scooter now! He started out at the top of his play mat and with in a couple minutes ended up in the middle of the room! Uh-oh here comes trouble! (he can only go backwards)

7 comments:

Word Whipped said...

Yay! I'm glad the 3 day potty training worked with Ava! What a big girl..glad she caught on fast!

The Maucotel's said...

We did the 3 day potty training with Braden that weekend, too! He caught on super fast, but we are not having the same consistency at nighttime. I was so relieved at how easy potty training could be after hearing so many nightmare stories!

thailiz said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I'll have to look into that 3 day potty training thing - never heard of it but sounds like a great system! Your babies are so darling.

Jamie said...

Yeah Ava! I did the 3 day potty training with Zoie too! Im sure it is nice to only change Bryce's diapers.

Shannon said...

Wow! Awesome! That is the best feeling to finish potty training. Congratulations! Also, I can't believe Bryce is moving already. Watch out! We haven't seen him in so long. He looks so big now. Very cute.

Jaime said...

Way to go, Kelli! I guess it's time to think about another kid! Ha ha ha.

The Thompson Family said...

I love the picture of Ava, Bryce and Elmo cuddling, Go Ava, she is such a smart girl.