We got to bring Ava home from the hospital on Tuesday the 7th. We were so excited (a little nervous too!) Our first night was a little rough, Ava was showing us what its really like to be parents! After fighting her to breastfeed (she prefers the bottle from being in the hospital)mom gives in and gives her a bottle, she drank it so fast that she spits up everywhere,and is hungry again, mom changes diaper, 2 mins later Ava decides to poop, change diaper again, give Ava bath, wrap her up in towel, Ava pees all over herself and mom! That night I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep! It's a good thing she is so cute, I can't stay mad at her.
Since that first rough night Ava has improved drastically! She is getting use to breastfeeding and doing much better, she takes 2-4hr. naps, she wakes up every 3 hours to eat and then goes right back to sleep at night! She rarely cries which we really appreciate! She is becoming easier and easier.
Leaving the hospital, bye bye NICU!


Ava's first car ride



Ava practicing the evil eye

Ava's first trip to the beach!
8 comments:
YEAH! Im so glad you guys got to take her home. She is adorable. Hopefully you are getting some more sleep!
Ava looks so sweet. I love the bow! The little pants she is wearing make her look bigger than she is. She is the cutest little grandbaby ever! Give her a kiss for me! Love Grandma
so glad she's home and all is well. the first night alone at home is always eye opening! even with my third i was practically crying, but she ended up being my sleepiest baby. i had to wake her for every feeding during the day, it was great!
she is so cute! i can't wait to meet her in person.
It's soo good to see that Ava is HOME! She is absolutely adorable! I hope things are going good for you guys!
welcome to mommy hood! Good to hear that she is home and doing well. Enjoy those 4 hour naps:)
OMG YOU'RE SO SKINNY ALREADY!!!!!
yay for ava at home!!!
Yea! You all look wonderful. I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to see you all again. By the way, I love the format for the blog. It's beautiful!
Kelli, I'm so sorry you guys had that scare when Ava was first born. I'm so glad that things are good and she is healthy. She really is just simply beautiful, that's pretty rare for a baby so relish it. :0)
Post a Comment