Monday, June 8, 2009

Food...hmm hmm good!

I have such a great husband, on Saturday night after coming home from working all day at the salon, Austin had decided to splurge a little bit and make me a fancy gourmet meal! It consisted of pork tender loin with a watermelon fruit salsa on top with sauteed squash! It was so delicious I had to take a picture, which doesn't do it justice.

On the other hand this is what I've been making... Baby food!

All of this only cost $5.20
Green Beans, Squash, Peas and Carrots All of Ava's favorites!

5 comments:

Karly said...

Can I come over! Austin cleans too. Count your blessings!!!

Monica said...

Wow...that dinner looks amazing!! How sweet of Austin! ;-) Did you make the baby food with a food processor? I see that those are gerber containers...did you just wash them and use them again? That is so neat...I think i'm too lazy to go through all the trouble of preparing the food! haha!

thailiz said...

The pork looks delicious - I've never heard of watermelon salsa but it's a great idea! Nice job with the baby food, too - I love making my own, too.

Princess Di said...

What a great idea to make your own baby food. I'll have to do that too. I had my baby on May 15!!! Gracelyn May Cragun.
Send me your email address so I can invite you to view my blog...I'm making it private.
Thanks,
Diana (Hardy) Cragun
cragunandcompany.blogspot.com

Sidra said...

Hey! I loved it when I figured out that I could make baby food for so cheap and that it really didn't take that much time.
I realized I don't have your email address and I wanted to ask you guys something. On July first and second, a small group of students from Scott's school here in Taiwan will be visiting Southern California, Anaheim area. They needed some advice as to where would be good to go to get a good American experience and, if you are available, even some help showing them around. They don't have an itinerary yet for the afternoon/evening of July 1st, and I think almost the whole day of the 2nd. Although I think that they were going to go to Universal Studios the morning of the 2nd. Our Bishop is the director/chaperone and he speaks perfect English because he lived in America until his mission. They are interested in visiting UCLA campus for a couple of hours and would love tour guides there. If you or anyone you know would be interested in helping us out, please let us know! And if you can't, just give us some good advice as to where to send them! Thanks!
Sidra sidramorris@gmail.com