Friday, March 13, 2009

My new best friend!

Meet Roomba my new best friend... now that Ava is rolling, scooting, and starting to crawl, we've noticed that she always has hair in her hands! Then she rubs her slobbery face and the hairs stick to her face. I don't even want to think about how much hair she's probably eaten. Now this is not good but it is especially bad when it not even your own hair! With how much hair I cut at home, it inevitably gets on the carpet and then on Ava. To prevent this I would need to vacuum everyday. Which we all know is not going to happen. So to solve the problem we got Roomba!(Brand new off Craig List for half the price, with the manufactures warranty still!)

A Roomba is a robot that vacuums your house. You simply push a button and it goes across the whole house. He even goes from carpet to tile to hardwood! No sweeping for me now either! When he is done or his battery is low he will find his docking station and put himself away to recharge.
I love Roomba! He works great too, after vacuuming with my normal vacuum we let Roomba out and he picked up even more hair and dirt. I don't think my carpets have ever been this clean this often. Now you know why Roomba is my new best friend! Now I just need a robot to do my dishes and laundry!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Just wait till Ava can crawl....then she will want to be in the hair as you cut it! It is so gross. I need one of these vacuums too... I have to vacuum after every person I do or else hair ends up getting tracked around my house. And if you find a robot to do your laundry and dishes let me know...i could use that too!

Jill Rogers said...

Amen Kelli, Amen.

I debated the Roomba, not knowing how good of a job it'd do, but glad to know it's doing so well!

Dear Santa....Can I have a ROOMBA? In the meantime, us Moms could use a few industrial dishwashers until you get the robot situation figured out...

Love, Jill.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I LOVE this invention! A used to work for a family that had a Roomba and seriously, I loved it!!!

KatieB said...

can it take itself upstairs? and clean the stairs too? if so, i'm sold. glad you're keeping furballs out of ava's throat!

Jaime said...

I totally need one of these with the 2 boys throwing food all over the floor all day long!

etta said...

oh my gosh i want one of those so bad, especially because hardwood always seems to be so dusty and dirty..one for our upstairs and one for our downstairs...you should really invent that dish washing robot though:)

thailiz said...

Wow, I always wondered`whether those things worked or not...I may have to purchase one also! You should get a commission or something for your great advertising of their product!